Monday, September 23, 2013

Girl Stuff

The theme at Creative Cutting Challenge this fortnight is "For the Girls". Pretty easy, right? There are plenty of creative ideas from our very talented Design Team, so please check it out and I hope you'll play along.

A while back, I hit the mother lode in a Michael's clearance bin...oodles of hardcover journals for 50 cents each! The catch? The covers were garishly circus themed. I bought several knowing that a little decorative paper would fix them right up.


For my "For the Girls" DT project, I decided to make a pretty journal as a hostess gift. 


I found the lovely corseted lady that had once adorned a hand-decorated gift bag in my stash. She became my muse and I gathered papers and embellishments to coordinate with her.


My favorite embellishments are the paper roses. I used The Creative Pointe's "Rolled Roses" SVG set to create them from scrap paper. They are so easy. Well...once I retrained myself on how to roll them...I swear I don't know why it won't stick in my head that you roll them from the outside in! Once you figure that out...they are so EASY!



Our pretty posies are growing on a leafy vine from The Creative Pointe's "Fancy Flourishes-Two" set.

Gentle reminder:  You must use an SVG file for your project to qualify for the challenge...rules are rules!

More Challenge Fun
Craft My Life:  All Crafts Challenge - August / September
My Craft Creations: Anything Goes Challenge 23/9 - 5/10
Mema's Crafts:  September's Challenge - Ribbon/Lace and/or Flowers
Anything But a Card Challenges: #27 - Books for ALL Media and Seasons
2 Sisters Challenge:  #162 - Recycle
Challenges 4 Everybody: #29 - Anything Goes
The Corrosive Challenge Blog:  #183 - Maiden, Mother, Crone

Supplies:
Patterned Paper:  K&Co.  ‘Engraved Garden’ 12x12, scraps, Graphic 45
SVG:  The Creative Pointe ‘Rolled Roses’, ‘Fancy Flourishes-Two
Inks: Distress Ink ‘Old Paper’, ‘Tattered Rose’, ‘Iced Spruce’; Distress Stain ‘Worn Lipstick’
Embellishments: Hobby Lobby ribbon, twill tape; My Mind’s Eye Fine & Dandy ‘Tickled Pink’ chipboard sticker; Bo Bunny ‘Welcome Home’ combo stickers; Liquid Pearls ‘Petal Pink’
Tools:  SCAL; Cricut Expression; tweezers; Glue Dots; Glossy Accents; Mod Podge Matte; Wondertape; foam ink blending tool; make-up sponge; water pen
Misc: Michael’s hardcover journal

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovelier in person than the photo! Great project and a good reminder of how impressive the roses look and how easy they are to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation thankyou so much for sharing your card with us at challenges 4 everybody good luck fiona dt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This journal will make a lovely gift. A beautiful project. Thank you for stopping by and playing with us at Mema's Crafts. Good luck in the challenge and visit often for those impromptu chances to win prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project, thanks for joining in the my craft creations challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this journal, seriously everything from the paper to the embellishments. :D
    Thanks for sharing at the All Crafts Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Thank you for joining my All Crafts Challenge at Craft My Life, hope you can join our new challenge :-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!